Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Sobering Feeling...

I am actually at work right now, but wanted to take a quick minute to write. I've been wanting to write so much lately but haven't seemed to make it happen, or just loose the desire by the end of the work day.

This post is not a happy one, however. It would be happier/funnier news to write about the incident recently where Niklas found a gray hair on my head, or how we had family visit this last weekend, or even about the super fun baby shower I went to the weekend before last. But unfortunately, I received a phone call last night containing nothing but tragic news.

Jacome Larson, married to a former roommate of mine, Beka, and battling cancer most of his life, passed away recently. I was called by Liz Kirkman (former roommate) last night on our way out of Aunt Sharen's from dinner, who had to leave me a message about this as I didn't pick up just then. The fact alone that Beka (actually Becca, but we always called her "Beak-ah" to keep it from getting mixed up with Becca Kirkman) has just lost her husband is bad enough, but on top of it Jacome also left behind a little boy, Hayden. Although I know that he is in a good place and will always watch over his family, it has always pierced my heart more poignantly when I hear of such a young death, when that person is of a tender age, just having begun their family.

I didn't know Jacome super well, but I knew him. And I coudln't help but cry silently the whole way home from Idaho Falls as Niklas held my hand. And later as I sobbed in Niklas' arms, I coudln't help but feel so much compassion for Beka and Jacome's family. How lonely it will be and terribly painful at the start....even Niklas was speaking words of comfort, how this would be an opportunity of growth for Beka. But that doesn't stop the pain of the heart, the feeling of loss that must be felt for now. But how grateful I am for temple marriages, for I know that Jacome will be reunited with his family someday and it will be a joyous occassion beyond all measure. And it is also comforting to know that Jacome did experience the joy of being blessed with a wife, his best friend, and also the joy of receiving a precious little soul into his home. I know he will not be denied any blessings in the end, and it was for a wise purpose not known to us that it was his time to go.

God bless the Larson families. May you feel of the love God has for you through the reaching out of others throughout your lives.

No comments: