Thursday, October 9, 2008

Not Winterish Fall---it IS Winter

I just now heard from a co-worker that it's snowing right now, although not in the part of Idaho Falls we're in right now; I just hope it's not in Rexburg!! I used to love snow, but it hasn't been quite as magical ever since I've had to drive in it; but I still like its other aspects. I love the atmosphere of wonder and awe it creates. One of my favorite Christmas songs is "Still, Still, Still." How true that song is. :)

Back to work like ususal---just had to announce the first snow of the season!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still, Still, Still is a wonderful song. I still love those rare nights we'd get snow in Washington, and I'd go out and just look upward and listen to the sound of the falling snow. It's something that helps calm me when I'm having a stressful time.

But still, ugh. Here it's in the 80s in Florida, and will probably still be so come January. I think my blood's going to freeze the first few days I'm back in school...

Karen said...

YES, I love that you truly can hear the sound of falling snow, but you have to be so silent and still to hear it because it is so delicate! You could totally liken that to the Holy Ghost too, really. ;)

I hope you're having a nice time in Florida although it is super hot. And if you freeze when you first come back, it's alright---I'll just make you drink some yummy Stephen's hot chocolate to warm you up! :P

Unknown said...

Hmmm... in Firefox tonight your Konky is all wonky. The stripes are all over the whole thing so it's hard to read... it's not behind certain frames where it belongs. It looks fine in Safari. Wonder what happened.

I love that graphic at the top... well... in the version where I can see it. :-) Do people talk about having browser incompatibilities with blogspot stuff? I know it can come up.

Will talk to you later... need to get ready for bed!

Love, Mom