Thursday, April 29, 2010

Happy Retirement Day, Dad!

I can't believe you're finally retired as of today, Dad! Thank you for supporting all of us throughout our lives. I love how hardworking and service-oriented you are, and I hope to live up to your example. I am so grateful to have you for my father here on earth. I hope you find joy in your retirement, and I look forward to many more cherished talks and memories with you. Thank you for all that you've done for me (which is so, so much). I love you, Dad!

1 comment:

Kathy Miller said...

Nice of you to post this, Karen. :-) I know Dad appreciated it.

He brought home his loot from the retirement party and said how nice so many people were with their comments, etc. Showed me his gold watch and certificate his boss had printed up. I told him that it IS nice to be appreciated and feel like you've made a difference. Mothers don't get a retirement party or a gold watch ... so I expect that's why someone came up with the idea of Mother's Day. ;-)

This is his first official day of retirement but it's his normal Friday off... so it won't feel so much different until he's been home for a couple of weeks. Going to the Shipyard to check out did bring a closure to it though... and he walked through the office he worked in when we met. Had to meet someone up there sign something off or check-in a badge. He was telling me how it has changed since he/we worked up there. Lots of memories in that office.