Wednesday, April 28, 2010

25 Things About Me, #8-11

So of course I did homework during most of my lunch break and now I am trying to scarf down the rest of my lunch before my break is up. Anyway, moving on...

8) I prefer cats over dogs. When I was in kindergarten, my mom found a pregnant stray female cat around our area and tamed her. She gave birth to 3 kittens who were loved for years (they are all now passed on). My favorite kitten was Tawny, who I remember calling, "The One With the Orange Spot on Her Head." She was a nervous-tempered cat---but she was also so sweet. I really loved her. And random: I loved cats so much when I was little that I actually kissed a stray one's face that was on our deck one time. Of course the cat clawed my face, and I got an infection under my right eye that was a little serious for a while. I think I have a scar from it still (unless it's a chicken pox mark under my eye I'm seeing). (By the way, the orange cat was another addition to our family soon after the kittens were born, NOT the mother cat. :) )


9) I have to have plans to feel secure. I can't live life by the seat of my pants. I have to know what's going on and what to expect; to the best of my ability, anyway. If I don't get enough information from others for what I need to plan, I get stressed and irritated (Niklas will attest full-heartedly). I actually get anxiety if there is no plan for big life decisions or events that affect me. Niklas says it's a controlling issue; I call it a passion for preparedness.
10) I broke my younger sister's (Lynda's) arm. I had a brilliant idea during my grade school years that my sister and I should bungy-cord our bikes together, mine in front of hers, and ride around the neighborhood. Let's just say it ended with my sister crashing from the sporadic pulling movements. When she said her arm hurt after, I told her to put it into a mud puddle to make it feel better (don't ask me where the logic was in that). Later, I found out from my not-happy parents that her arm was broken. Whoops...sorry.


11) I made my oldest sister (Kristine) crash on her bike while we were riding together (doing a paper route?) by poking her in the butt with a stick. Once again, don't ask me where the logic came in this. She ended up going out of control from surprise and wrecked her bike. I think it took me a while to figure out that my bright ideas really weren't that great. Once again, oops...sorry.


That's all for today. Isn't this fun? ;)

3 comments:

Darcie said...

Remind me to never go bike riding with you unless you are riding in front of me so I can see all of your movements!

And cats are awesome!

Karen said...

Hee, hee... :P

Kathy Miller said...

I don't think being prepared is control in and of itself, but taken to the extreme, controlling behavior could certainly kick in. For a person who gives less thought to preparedness and takes things as they come, being pinned down by someone who actually wants a firm plan probably feels like control. ;-)

Anyway... if we didn't have a few planners and prepared people in this world, we'd be in a bit of a mess... but there is room for all outlooks. I'm grateful we are not all alike.

Enjoyed looking at the old family pictures. I wish that flowerbed behind Lynda looked that good now... it's full of grass. :-/ It was brand new at the time she broke her arm. I remember the day she posed for that picture, it was quite warm out there... I think it was in May... or early June?