Friday, August 19, 2011

Good News and More Ultrasound Pics

So! The glucose drink wasn't as nasty as I thought it would be, but was definitely nasty---imagine a concentrated dosage of Otter Pops and doctor-office suckers for kids, and add in some acidic burning, and you pretty much got it. I had to drink the stuff in intervals.

At the actual appointment, I found out that my placenta did move away from the cervix, which means no C-section in my future! I was relieved. Also, I passed my glucose screening test, so I don't have the drink anymore of that nasty stuff until I am pregnant with my second child! This also made me very happy.

While doing the ultrasound to check on the placenta, the tech graciously took a few more shots of our little Clara. Unfortunately, Clara still had her head turned to the side slightly to prevent a straight-on profile shot; plus she had her arm/hand right up at her face/lips. The tech caught her playing with her toes again as well. :) So cute! The tech was jossling Clara just a bit to get her to move, so she gifted me with a few swift kicks--it was surreal seeing her move on the ultrasound screen while feeling it happening. I can't wait to meet this little one.

And now, for the pics. I decided to finally stick a belly shot on here---here is me at almost 28 weeks (will be on Saturday):




I've been feeling pretty good besides the fatigue, so I can't complain too much. I mean, don't get me wrong--I am defintely experiencing typical pregnancy symptoms that we won't go into, since you'll find out how repulsive I've really become. :B Just kidding...well, not really, but we can pretend. It's only going to get more uncomfortable with the growing here on out, however, so I'm going to enjoy this time while I can!



And presenting little Clara (the pics may be a bit tiny, so you'll have to click on them and zoom):




1 comment:

Kathy Miller said...

Glad you passed the glucose test... I don't think I heard about that today when you talked about the ultrasound. :-)

Hope you had or are having a good visit... just catching up with your journal before bed.

Love, Mom