Tuesday, November 8, 2011

It's the Final Countdown...!

I am around 39.5 weeks along today, and all I can think is..."Really?? When did that happen?!" For months I have been wishing for November to get here already, and suddenly...here it is. I keep going all over the spectrum emotionally, from being really excited and impatient for Clara to get here, to being super scared and not wanting her to rush her appearance. I realize this is normal, but it's emotionally exhausting! I have been doing tons of baby laundry in hopes of at least feeling a little more prepared. Have I cleaned our apartment top to bottom? No. Have I gotten to the sewing projects I wanted to do before her arrival, such as her Christmas stocking and teddy bear, etc.? No. Am I basically trying to take it easy as much as possible before my life is turned upside down? Yes. Do I feel guilty about it, given my easily-guilted nature? Maybe slightly, but not enough to make me kick myself into gear right now. Ahh, it's so nice for once. :)

I am feeling super optimistic today. There are so many good things that have happened/will happen over the next few weeks:



  • I found out this morning that I passed the Financial Accounting and Reporting (FAR) section of the CPA exam that I took in October (!!!). I have three more sections to pass over the next 18 months, but I'll tackle those eventually.


  • Niklas and I are going to be parents in a matter of days, and we both have no idea what we're doing. But we'll figure it out like everyone else.


  • My mother-in-law is flying in this Thursday and will stay with us for a little over a week to help with the cleaning and whatever needs to get done. So nice.


  • Niklas' brother and wife are also showing up this weekend to pay a visit.


  • This Friday is my last day of work before maternity leave!


  • My mom will be flying in for her grandma shift after my mother-in-law heads back to WA. She will be spending Thanksgiving with our new threesome family.


  • Niklas graduates with his Bachelor's degree in English this December!!! :D After that, we have no idea what's in store for him/us. He was planning on applying to a few graduate schools whilst also applying for full-time employment. Sometimes all of these unknowns freak me out; but today I'm feeling that everything will fall into place and be fine in the long-run.

Now, if only I could bottle these spouts of optimism and keep it for the future rainy days. Ah, well.


So there you have it, folks. I'm standing on the edge of a major life-altering event, and all I can say, is...bring it on; and also thank you to Heavenly Father, for all of these marvelous blessings in my life. I realize more and more just how much Niklas and I are safe-guarded in Your loving hands.

2 comments:

Shaylen said...

HOORAY! Your bundle of joy is almost here! :) I will keep watching for the big news and pictures! Let me know if you need anything, you know how to reach me :)

Kathy Miller said...

I just barely saw this entry... so much has changed in a week! So glad the little one is here. See how quickly the forever wait seems like a dim memory?

You got your test results on my mother's and Edward's birthday... I'd not noticed the timing before.

Looking forward to coming down next week... I've pulled out the carry-on, etc. and am starting to pack what I can. Not much more time left before pushing off for snowy Utah/Idaho. :-)

Love, Mom