Sunday, December 21, 2008

MERRY CHRISTMAS! I got you some pics. :)


I finally decided to get these pics posted of our little tree. It's very humble, but I think it came out pretty.(Although there are a few more presents under the tree.) It definitely adds warmth to our little apartment despite its iciness. :) Right now it's snowing outside, and there is already a lot of snow out there. I'll take a pic real quick after posting these other two pictures.



Here's a pic of us sitting in front of the tree when we put it up. We took a second picture as seen below, but uh, it came out kinda blurry; which is a tragedy because Niklas looked happier in this one! So much for the self-timer idea. :P We're thinking we need to get a new camera eventually.



And now, here are some pics just taken for your viewing pleasure. :)



This is a common scene for me. Niklas on his wonderful laptop. I envy the speed it has compared to this iMac I'm using right now. Pics are not fun to download when it takes such a long time. :( But see the tree--more presents! Guess who's present is the large blue box and who's is the small blue box? That's right---the squirt is mine. :)


This is what it looks like outside of our apartment right now. Our Jeep and Ford are in the foreground in between the other two cars.


Usually you can see the Rexburg temple up on the hill from this view, but as you can see, too much snow to see much of anything out there.


Okay, I decided to take some pics of myself out in the snow. Yeah, just try to ignore the lopsided eyes and big nose. :P Wow, Kristine, no wonder you made fun of my nose growing up---I always forget how puggish it really IS... ;)


This is me trying to look happy being out in the snow, but I think all I really wanted to do was get back inside the warm apartment. Niklas came home late last night from work and said that it was -21 degrees or something insane!


My mom sent us a box full of yummy things to eat (CHOCOLATE) and this is actually part of what I ate for breakfast---cookies and fudge!! Old habits die hard. :P Thanks Mom! And looky below at what Niklas was able to get last night with his Christmas money:


Now he can deal with the temptation to play games instead of prepping for classes in January. ;) Actually, I'm not too worried about that.


Here is our little nativity scene thanks to my mom.

Here are some pics of Niklas, since I am bad about taking pictures and I should get better since you only have this time in your life once in this life. I love this face--it is one of the dearest ones to me now. And I love that I get to see this look on his face so often. I love my husband.


MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL, AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT! (Whenever bedtime is for you, I guess. :P)

4 comments:

Kathy M. said...

Hey... I finally got a chance to check on people'blogs and then remembered your call about posting photos! It's been kind of nuts here since you phoned. Robert and Rachel had to stay overnight that night due to the snow and much has been going on since they pushed off for home Sunday afternoon. They are supposed to be staying with friends in Renton tonight so they'll be close to the airport in the morning. Hope their flight goes well.

I loved the photos... thanks for posting them! :-) Has Niklas beat the game yet? Maybe you were able to polish off he last of the Twilight series while he did his game thing.

Oh... and the Nativity set was originally purchased by Dad when he was at Deseret Book a couple of years ago... but I guess I helped it finally make connections. We have the same one in the living room... along with that little Nativity snow "non-globe" thing on the sideboard.

I need to hit the sack. Kristine started to complain that others had gotten caramels and she didn't... Robert made some and she's been tanking down on it. So... tonight after we got home from town, I made a double batch with dairy half and half (more like what you'd dip apples in... still good ... slightly different texture). I started wrapping a few for Andy's box and after Alex came in and helped with that process, we did the whole pan! They all look like little candy kisses... in waxed paper, instead of the larger caramels in saran wrap.

Anyhoo... it's late and I'd better get to bed. The snow has been crazy and there might be more coming on Christmas Eve! Diane is SO jealous, but she'll get plenty when she returns to Rexburg! She commented on the phone tonight that she's going to see Kristine and Alex NEXT WEEK. Guess the new year is pretty close.

Kristine, Alex and Lynda are going to drive to the other side tomorrow and do some things together... I hope the roads have improved over what they were like today. When I get some time, I'll update my blog too... with a few photos.

Sometime around the holiday, we need to get on Skype. :-)

Love to you both...

Mom

Kathy M. said...

Hey... it's officially your birthday...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :-)

Although... you didn't arrive until the evening... forgot the exact time now but between 6:30 and 7:30ish I think. That was the year they had freezing rain on Christmas morning and from my bed I watched people slipping and sliding all over the place as they tried to get out of their cars and walk into the hospital It was crazy. One person shut the door on their car and it started to slide down the hill.

(I'm sure I remind you of this every year!)

Tricia and Brad watched your older siblings while Dad and I went to the hospital to welcome you into the family. Still hard to believe she's not with us this Christmas. :-/

Anyway... back to the present... I hope you have a wonderful birthday! Maybe we an make connections on Skype at some point... I don't know how things are going to go down "tomorrow." Kristine and Alex will be leaving for Bellingham in the evening.

Will talk to you later. :-)

Sleepy Mom

Shaylen said...

lol, Clint got that game too! He already beat it too! lol. :) We have a small tree too. It is so cute!! hahaha

Anonymous said...

Loving that, sympathetic info! If you from a chance quit during because we have a fashionable free training program exchange for those looking to start their own internet charge online,..
[IMG]http://www.sedonarapidweightloss.com/weightloss-diet/34/b/happy.gif[/IMG]
[img]http://www.cpcstorm.com/co/images/6.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.cpcstorm.com/co/images/7.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.cpcstorm.com/co/images/8.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.cpcstorm.com/co/images/9.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.cpcstorm.com/co/images/10.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.cpcstorm.com/co/images/11.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.cpcstorm.com/co/images/12.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.cpcstorm.com/co/images/13.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.cpcstorm.com/co/images/17.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.cpcstorm.com/co/images/18.gif[/img]